Hays Firm Estate Planning and Covid Policies
The Importance of Estate planning during coronavirus
In these uncertain times, estate planning has never been more important. When the pandemic shutdowns first hit the United States in March 2020, many people were confused, scared, and nervous about the future. During the shutdowns around the country, many people took the time to consider their estate and gifting plans. As the country is learning to live with the daily threat of the coronavirus, estate planning remains crucial. Take the time to consider how you would like to be cared for if you become disabled. Who will make decisions for your you when you are no longer able? After you are gone, what guidance would you like to leave your family?
If these questions are weighing on your mind, please call one of our experienced estate planning attorneys. We offer a 30-minute free consultation for new estate planning clients. Please visit our articles to learn about the following estate planning tools:
Additionally, we offer an opportunity to safely execute your estate planning documents. Our firm is strictly following the guidelines of the CDC, the state of Illinois, and the city of Chicago. To that end, we take care to offer a large space to execute your estate planning document. All participants, including the independent witnesses are seated at least six feet apart. Further, the take the steps below to ensure the safety of our clients and of our staff:
- The attorney and the client meet via Zoom and via phone to ensure the client’s needs are fully met and all questions are answered;
- All parties must wear masks in our building at all times;
- All parties, except clients from the same household, must sit six feet apart;
- The conference room is regularly cleaned and sanitized;
- All pens provided for signing are brand new; and
- All parties work efficiently to ensure that the time spent in our conference room is minimal.
If you have questions about estate planning documents or about our safety procedures, please contact one of our attorneys. We wish you and your family health and safety.